Within Knowledge Anywhere's Learning Management System there are three roles: A User, A Group Administrator, and a Super Administrator. If you'd like to promote a user's access level to an administrative level, or demote an administrator's access level to a user you can do so on the Administrative side of the LMS. *Note: To change a user's access level you will have to be a designated Super Administrator.*
It should also be noted that if you change a User's access level to a Super Administrator and you are not at the Enterprise tier plan, you may be subject to an Administrative overage fee if you have already used your designated number of Super Administrators. You will not be charged an overage fee for making a User a Group Administrator, or for demoting a Super or Group Administrator to a User.
To change a user's access level follow the following steps:
- From the Administrative side of the LMS navigate to the "Users" tab in the main navigation header.
- Then, select the "Manage Users" tab from the side navigation menu.
- Enter the user information of the user you'd like to change the access level for then select the "Search" button in the bottom right corner.
- You will be redirected to a user search results page. Once you're on this page, select the "Edit" button for the user in question.
- You will be redirected to the user's profile page. This page will contain three tabs: "User Info," "Purchase History," (if e-commerce is enabled), and "Account Settings." Select the "Account Settings" tab.
- Under the "Account Settings" tab you will see a drop-down menu labeled "Administrative Access." To change a user's access level, select a new status from the drop-down menu. Then, press "Save."