To reset a user's password or email a link for a user to reset his/her own password (recommended) follow these instructions:
- From the Administrative side of the LMS navigate to the "Users" tab in the main navigation header.
- Then, select the "Manage Users" tab from the side navigation menu.
- Enter the user information of the user you'd like to change the password for then select the "Search" button in the bottom right corner.
- You will be redirected to a user search results page. Once you're on this page, select the "Edit" button for the user in question.
- You will be redirected to the user's profile page. This page will contain three tabs: "User Info," "Purchase History," (if e-commerce is enabled), and "Account Settings." Select the "Account Settings" tab.
- If you want to reset the user's password yourself, you can type in a new password next to the "Change Password" prompt. You will need to type the password again in the "Confirm Password" prompt, and then select the "Save button" to reset the password.
- If you want to email the user a link to rest his/her own password (recommended) you can simply select the "send" button next to the "Send Password Reset Email" and the password reset link will be sent to the user's email address associated with their profile.