Badges are a fun way to engage and encourage your learners to take courses! You can assign badges to be earned upon completion of a course or multiple courses. Learners will receive a notification when they earn a badge and will see the badge on their transcript page.
How to Create a Badge
Super admins can go to Content > Badges to create a badge or manage existing badges. To create a badge, click ‘Add New’.
- Select a badge image you would like the learner to see.
- Provide a badge name you would like the learner to see. Example “Management Hero” or “Sales Rockstar”
- Localization (Optional): If your site serves learners in multiple languages, you will see an option to localize the name of the badge in available languages.
- Assign course or courses that must be completed by the learner in order to earn the badge.
- Badges are active by default. However, you can make the badge inactive if you don’t want learners to see the badge or if you want to hide a badge.
- Click ‘Save’
- Congratulations! You’ve created a badge.
How Learners Earn Badges
Learners will earn badges upon completion of courses that are assigned to the badge. Upon earning a badge, learners will get a notification that they’ve earned a badge.
Learners can also go to the achievements section of their transcript by clicking on the trophy and see badges earned.
Badges earned will appear in color and badges waiting to be earned will appear in black and white.
Important to note:
- If multiple courses are assigned to a badge and learners only have access to some of the courses that are assigned to the badge, then they will not be able to earn the badge.
- Badges are not applied retroactively to previous course completions. If users completed the course prior to the badge being created, then they will not be eligible to receive the badge.
Tracking and Reporting
Admins will be able track to how many badges were earned and by whom in two sections of the system.
- Users > Manage Users > Transcript: Admin can see badges available and earned for a particular users in their transcript.
- Reports > Users Report: Admin can add the number of badges earned as a custom field to see how many badges the learner has earned.